Welcome to SMK Hawks Cross Country!
Coach - Jonathan Lozon email@example.com
Cross country season is quickly approaching!
1. Practices will start Wednesday, August 1st at 6. Just like last year, Practices are offered Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting at 6 PM. Please try to make 2.
2. Practices lengths:
1st and 2nd graders - 30-45 minutes.
3rd and 4th graders - 45-60 minutes
5th through 8th grade - 60 minutes
3. Practices start at the Geis parking lot.
4. Please make sure your athletes have physicals and athletics fees ready to turn in on their first practice.
5. Home meet! We are going to try to have home meet this year. As of right now it will just be a dual meet with us and Southern Indiana Catholic. I currently have it set for Monday, August 13. We will need help setting up, taking down, along with people to work the finishing shoot and maybe course marshals. If you can help please let me know! I am hoping to grow the meet next year, but I think this will be a great way to get our feet wet.
6. I do not have the rest of the schedule ironed out yet, but as soon as I do I will get that information out! But 2nd - 4th grade will get to participate in 2 NATC meets this year!
2018 Cross Country Meet Schedule
8-13 Monday SMK Classic
8-25 Saturday Tully Invite (1st - 5th ONLY)
8-25 Saturday Tiger Run (6th - 8th ONLY)
8-29 Wednesday Holy Cross
9-7 Friday St. Edwards
9-13 Thursday NATC (2nd - 4th ONLY)
9-20 Thursday NATC (2nd - 4th ONLY)
9-22 Saturday Southern Indiana Classic (Community Park)
Approximate Race Distances:
1st-2nd - .5 Mile
3rd-4th - .75 Mile
5th-6th - 1 Mile
7th-8th – 1.2 – 2.4 Miles (2k – 4k)